Tuesday, April 30, 2013

...Getting Older




I just celebrated my birthday over the weekend and I’ve been thinking about the post I wrote on my personal Facebook page thanking everyone who wished me a happy birthday. I wrote- that I had shared it with people I love and you couldn’t ask for more than that.  So it got me to thinking, what am I thankful for? 

Most of us have a list of things and sometimes I try to just recite them in my head when I’m feeling grouchy or irritated.  I list those things that I am grateful for, those things I feel blessed with.  

On the business side, I think I’m happier in this phase of my life than I have ever been.  You know how sometimes things just seem to all be in place?  Our office functions like a well-oiled machine. 

I have two amazing people who work with me.  One has many years’ experience here and has the knowledge of the place along with being extremely efficient and talented.  The other one has a wisdom I wish I had.  She has the ability to work with any small business owner and get to the heart of the matter to help them.  So, as a team, we all work well together.  There is no office drama; no back stabbing it’s such a peaceful place to be.  I never worry about being out of the office, because I know things will be taken care of with expertise. 

I get to work with people who are excited about being their own boss and have dreams they are willing to work for.  People walk into our offices excited about the prospect of owning their own business and I get to help feed that dream.  

I also work with a great nonprofit board (not an easy thing to say for most ED’s of a nonprofit) that I get along with and respect.  So, they say as you grow older you are lucky if you find that place where you feel settled and happy. I think I’m in that place right now.  


Suzanne Cormier

Executive Director

BizWorks (Small Business Incubator)

Follow Suzanne Cormier on Facebook and

Twitter @BizWorksCenter

No comments:

Post a Comment