Thursday, January 8, 2015

...Resolutions to make them or Not?


So here we are with 2014 behind us and 2015 just beginning to unveil itself.  It’s exciting to think about the New Year. What we want to do with this year, how we want to change. I think people make resolutions because of the wonder of a new year. There is always so much promise in those first few months- we can do anything we set our minds to can’t we?

Well can we?  Is it worth making resolutions to have them broken before the end of that first new month of that new year?  I’m not sure. I know I make them every year- every year I’m going to go on that diet and stick to it! Every year I’m going to exercise more and stick with it again!  


Part of me thinks making these promises we never really hold on to is silly.  But on the other hand, making those promises to ourselves gets us excited about the new year and all that promise it holds.  So what are you hopeful for in the new year? What do you want to change? 

Suzanne Cormier
Executive Director
BizWorks (Small Business Incubator)
Follow Suzanne Cormier on Facebook and

Twitter @BizWorksCenter

No comments:

Post a Comment