Thursday, February 6, 2014

...How Do You Treat Your Members or Customers?





I run a member-oriented organization and have also worked for another one in my career.  What I have found is that it really matters how you and your employees treat your members. It’s the same for your customers.   

People continue with you and your business based a lot of how they are treated and whether or not they feel valued.  I belong to several of these organizations.  I have seen them do very well and not so well.   

One of the key things I have found important is how the owner or the one in charge values their members or customers.  Are they money-driven to the point that when you think about that organization that is all you feel they value?  Do they recognize hard work and dedication to their organization (you can tell this sometimes by employee/volunteer attitudes)? 

I have worked with organizations that do an excellent job of recognizing hard work and value input. I have worked with some that care only about their bottom line and make it clear to everyone.
So if you were to ask customers or members what they thought of your organization what do you think they’d say?  It might be worth some time to consider this- it just might help you keep the customers or members you have and encourage new ones to join you.  


Suzanne Cormier
Executive Director
BizWorks (Small Business Incubator)
Follow Suzanne Cormier on Facebook and
Twitter @BizWorksCenter

No comments:

Post a Comment