Tuesday, December 17, 2013

…List Maker



My husband always laughs at my lists- he always asks if I have a list of all my lists.  Well….. almost.  I am a very detailed oriented person and frankly find that if I don’t write things down I just don’t remember them. And no, this isn’t age related- I’ve always been like this.  

For me, keeping lists helps me understand what I’ve gotten done and what I have yet to accomplish. I love the feeling of marking things off a list and the feeling of looking at the list with lines through every single thing on the list. 

How do you keep track of your things to do? Some people like the online version of list making, one is called Workflowy.  I tried that one but found that I didn’t like logging on all the time when something popped in my head. I like the good old fashioned piece of paper.  Usually it’s several sheets of scrap paper with lists on it- anything from the things I need to get done at work to the store list to the list of things to do at home. 


How do you stay organized?  Do you have the tools you need to keep yourself and your business organized?  As we begin the New Year, it’s a great time to consider how you stay (or get organized) and how to make the best use of your time and talents.  


Suzanne Cormier
Executive Director
BizWorks (Small Business Incubator)
Follow Suzanne Cormier on Facebook and
Twitter @BizWorksCenter

No comments:

Post a Comment