Tuesday, March 5, 2013

...Motivating Yourself




So I was complaining (OK actually whining) today about not having the energy or inspiration to write my blog this week.  The person I was complaining (whining) to said, what a great topic. 

So, what happens when you feel tired from the work week or are getting over a cold and still trying to work (like me this week), but still need to get things done?  Well, you have two choices. If it’s something that can wait, you go take a nap.  But let’s face it, most small business owners and the rest of us too, just don’t have that luxury.   

So, you suck it up and get it done.  That’s what most of us do.  Is it wrong?   I don’t know, sometimes I think we neglect our bodies to the point that our bodies revolt against us (like illness of some kind). So, let’s look at the nap alternative.  

I learned early on after a diagnosis of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome in my 20s that the BEST thing you can do to live a healthy life is listen to your body.  Sometimes, when we are tired, we just need to go to bed.  Staying up and fighting the blog article, or the bills or whatever just doesn’t work, but so many people refuse listen to their bodies.  Instead, they trudge on, get it done and live with feeling tired all the time. 

Sometimes, just slowing down and regenerating ourselves makes us better at our jobs.  But there are times, (like today as I sit writing this article) that you just gotta to do what you gotta do.  Is it wrong?  I think I’m too tired to decide.  



Suzanne Cormier
Executive Director
BizWorks (Small Business Incubator)
Follow Suzanne Cormier on Facebook and
Twitter @BizWorksCenter

No comments:

Post a Comment